CAROLINE DE PEYRECAVE
In 2004 I left the UK to train at the atelier of Charles H. Cecil at his studio in Florence, Italy. I work mainly from life by a technique called sight-size. The broad handling comes into focus when seen at the viewing distance. While my work belongs to this tradition I try and make it more interesting by pushing its boundaries and therefore hopefully giving it a contemporary edge. I have recently been experimenting with more varied brush marks and less contrived poses. I have exhibited frequently in London, mainly at the Mall Galleries and in Buckinghamshire. I take regular commissions and have a lot of experience working with children.
In 2013 I was commissioned by Halcyon Days to draw Lady Thatcher and in 2012 HM The Queen and HRH Duke of Edinburgh for their Diamond Jubilee Charcoal collection. I also drew the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for Halcyon Days’ Royal Commemorative Box. Lately I have been painting Lord Michael Grade for an Old Stoic Exhibition at Clarendon Fine Art, Mayfair. I have also painted; Luke Donald, the world’s number one golfer for Beaconsfield Golf Club, Angela Rippon for the Lady Taverners, Francis Boulle on ‘Made in Chelsea’, BTCC racing driver Tom Chilton and Lt Dougie Dalzell, MC (portrait commissioned by the 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards after he was killed in action in 2010 in Afghanistan).
I have won several awards and I am heavily involved in The Society of Women Artists. I also have work in private collections in Brussels, France, Spain, Argentina, Japan, Zimbabwe and throughout the UK.
I am now working on a project called 'WARpaint'. The aim of this project is to raise awareness to soldiers and their families who have and are suffering from the effects of war. I am painting a selection of life size full length paintings of soldiers accompanied by some smaller sketches. The proceeds from the exhibition will go to various charities that support wounded veterans.
Personal projects include painting African Albinos in Zimbabwe during 2015 and working on some Indian portraits from a trip September 2014. Summer 2016 I am travelling to Papua New Guinea to visit the Mount Hagen tribal festival. I hope to find many wonderful portraits to paint there.
2008-2010 BA Fine Art Practice
2005-2008 Charles H. Cecil Studios, Florence, Italy
2004-2005 Oxford Brookes BTEC Foundation
2002-2004 Stowe School
Johnson Beharry VC
Lord Michael Grade
- Private residence, Rue aux Laines, Brusses, 2016
- Solo Show, Gallery 54, Mayfair. Faces and Places: Rajasthan and Southern Africa, 2015
- Style for Soldiers Christmas Party, Spencer House, Mayfair 2014
- Old Stoic Fine Art Exhibition, Clarendon Fine Art, Mayfair 2014
- Thames Festival Exhibition, Pump House Gallery 2013
- Chelsea Arts Society, Chelsea Old Town Hall 2013, 2015
- Archer Gallery, Bethnal Green Road 2013
- Solo Exhibition, Hollywood Rd Gallery 2011
- Society of Women Arists, Mall Galleries 2009-2015
- PWC Annual Dinner Auction 2011
- Savoy NSPCC Annual Dinner auction 2010
- The Vision Charity Annual Ball, The Grosvenor Hotel 2010
- Sue Coombs Portraiture Award 2010, presented by HRH Princess Michael of Kent with SWA.
- NADFAS Award 2010 for outstanding work, presented locally in Bucks by the founding body
- Caron Keating Art Award 2009, presented by Gloria Hunniford, Mall Galleries
- Art for Youth, Mall Galleries 2009
- Bucks Open Studios June 2009
- 21 Woodstock Street, 2011
- Will to Win Auction in aid of Motor Neurons Disease July 2009
- Ferrari Event, Hertfordshire 2009-2011
- Three Shires Ferrari meeting 2009
- Art for Youth, Mall Galleries 2008
- Candidate for Bulldog Bursary Prize, Royal Society of Portrait Painters 2008
- The Petersham Hotel, Richmond 2008
- Buckinghamshire Art Society Exhibitions 2008 - 2011
- Council Member of The Society of Women Artists